The school receives additional funds to support the development of Physical Education and Sport in school (Sport Premium). This money is in addition to the curriculum funding for PE and Sport from the main school budget. The way in which we have spent our sports premium is attached below.
The following targets have been identified to improve the quality of PE at Earlsmead Primary.
- Increase the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that primary school children undertake at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day in school.
- Increase the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.