Sycamore : Ms ahmed
Teaching assistants : Ms blair
Welcome to the Year 5 page. We are thrilled to welcome the children back to school ready for a fantastic new school year. This term we will be focusing on making sure children feel safe, happy and re-connected to our school community. Here, you will find all the information you need to know about what we will be doing in Year 5 this term.
Remember: it’s really important to be at school every day, on time and ready to learn.
Year 5 marks the beginning of UKS2, which means that they are nearing the end of their primary school journey! There is so much to look forward to this year: an exciting new curriculum, opportunities to explore our local community and lots of practical learning opportunities.
This term our priority is to help your child to re-establish friendships and settle back into the structure and routine of being at school. We will be doing our best to consolidate their learning from Year 4, and to establish any gaps that they may have- which we will work to close. Daily repetition of key skills will be vital. As a result, our curriculum will be fluid, to ensure your children become confident, resilient and independent learners.
The School Day
|School begins (Registration)
|9.00 - 10.00
|10.00 - 11.00
|11.00 - 11.15
|Break time/ Snack time
|11.15 - 11.25
|11.25 - 11.45
|11.45 - 12.30
|12.30 - 1.30
|1.30 - 2.30
|2.30 - 2.55
|2.55 - 3.10
|Reading for Pleasure
In Year 5 you will receive the following home learning, we expect all home learning to be completed on time.
- Reading - This should continue at least 3 times a week and an adult should still be signing your reading record regularly. Year 5 staff will check reading records weekly to make sure it is happening.
- Times table practise – Please keep up with practising these to make sure you are secure with all times tables up to 12 x 12, fluent and fast!
- Maths- This will be set on a Wednesday and be due back in on the following Monday. Activities will be linked to what we have been learning in class that week.
- Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling - This will be set on a Wednesday and be due back in on the following Monday
- Occasionally, there will be projects set to complete linked to our theme in class. These will replace normal home learning and the children will be given plenty of time to do them.
- PE: We have PE on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please make sure your child comes to school in their PE kit on those days. If they have long hair, ensure that it is tied back and earrings are taken out or covered.
- Pencil cases: Children will not need a pencil case for their work in Year 5. We have everything they need in class.
- Water bottles: Please ensure that your child brings a water bottle for the classroom, containing water only